Dear Valued Patients,
San Antonio has issued a shelter in place order to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. As a healthcare provider we are exempt from the order and will remain open to provide services to those patients that need us the most. Effective Wednesday March 25th we will be seeing only those who have, or need, medically necessary contact lenses. We are also accepting patients with urgent eye needs such as red eye and objects in the eye. We will be rescheduling all routine patients for after the shelter in place termination date. We appreciate your understanding during this difficult time.
Please note the following:
• We remain open to patients who have, or need, medically necessary contact lenses.
• We will accept patients with urgent eye needs such as red eye and objects in the eye.
• We offer curbside pickup for glasses and contact lenses previously ordered and ready for dispensing.
• We can take orders for regular soft contact lenses over the phone and have those lenses shipped to your house at no cost (2 box minimum). If your prescription is expiring soon we are extending your ability to order lenses without a new eye exam for up to 6 months.
• We are setting aside time during the day for telemedicine visits. These will be scheduled and are fully HIPAA compliant. Please call 210-403-9050 to schedule a telemedicine visit.
We have been and continue to take measures to screen patients and staff alike for COVID-19 symptoms and clean/disinfect the office at regular intervals. Our environment is as safe as we can make it and are confident that we can safely continue care for those that need it the most.
All our patients are highly valued by us and we remain here for you all. Please take care and protect yourselves as best you can.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 210-403-9050.
Contact lenses are safe. There is no evidence of increased risk of COVID-19 by wearing your contact lenses. According to the Centre for Ocular Research and Education, there is also no evidence that wearing glasses instead of contact lenses provides more protection to your health.
Continue to practice proper lens care, such as washing your hands with soap and warm water and routinely cleaning your lenses with the appropriate solutions. Similarly, please clean your spectacles on a regular basis as these are frequently touched.
If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms, including those of COVID-19, do your best to avoid wearing your lenses until your symptoms begin to lessen.
Remember to always ask yourself these three questions when you wear your lenses:
1. Do my eyes look good?
If you are experiencing irregular redness, remove your lenses and contact your eye care provider.
2. Do my eyes feel good?
If you experience any itchiness, unusual dryness, or any irritation, remove your lenses and contact your eye care provider.
3. Do I see well?
If you notice that your vision is no longer as clear with your lenses as it used to be, contact your eye care provider.
We’re all in this together!